Northwest Fabworks Inc.
Publié: April 24, 2021
Emplacement: Parksville, British Columbia
Programme de stages: Digital Tech
Échelle salariale: $50,000 - $60,000
Heures par semaine: 40
Date de début: July 12, 2021
Date de fin: January 12, 2022
Description de l'emploi
Northwest Fabworks Inc. (NWF) is a growing manufacturing company with a full CNC machine shop, fabrication shop, and engineering department. Throughout 2020 and 2021 our company has focused on professional growth, enhancing our quality management systems, and launching new product lines. The position of Design Engineer (DE) is integral in turning mechanical concepts and thoughts into 3-dimensional Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) files. Utilizing a multitude of software solutions the DE will design and model products in 3D models using software such as Solidworks and Fusion 360. These 3D Solid files will then be used by the DE to conduct Finite Element Analysis (FEA) computer testing and other computer-based stress testing methods. Overall the DE will be "driving the bus" forward during the conceptual-to-digital phase of the project and produce quality digital deliverables to ensure project success in later manufacturing stages.
Devoirs et responsabilités
1. Use Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) software and technology to estimate weight and physical characteristics of solids.
2. Utilizing Coordinate-Measuring Machine to generate CAD drawings to be used in programming automated robotic manufacturing processes.
3. Utilize various computer programming languages
3. Use CNC Machines and code/read programs using G Code.
4. Efficiently interface between CNC Machines and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) to program multiple axial plane movements, select appropriate tools, and program toolpaths.
5. 3D CAD design in Solid-works to develop new products or design products from contractor specifications.
6. Use Microsoft Office Suite including coding and creating Excel documents.
7. Effectively use Critical Path Method and Work Breakdown Structure project management techniques.
8. Execute the safety plan and ethos of Northwest Fabworks.
9. Constructively work as a team member in multiple engineering projects.
10. Operate and prepare objects for 3D scanning
Connaissances et compétences
1. Some experience using Solidworks and/or Fusion 360
2. Some experience designing products for subtractive manufacturing
3. Highly competent with Microsoft Office products
4. Ability to work self-directed and create solutions to complex issues with minimal direct input
5. A strong aptitude for written deliverables such as engineering reports or stress analysis reports
6. Some experience operating in a shop environment
7. A positive attitude and a strong willingness to learn difficult and challenging tasks and datasets.
8. Experience working with 3D Scan data and mesh files would be an asset.
Minimum Diploma of Engineering Technology, or similar.
Ability to pass a criminal record check.
L’embauche d’un de nos diplômés nous permet de voir le travail de qualité qu’ils sont prêts à faire et capables de réussir grâce à la formation que nous leur avons fournie.
Quelques-uns de nos employeurs fantastiques que nous avons aidés
Notre financement leur permet de contribuer à remédier aux pénuries de main-d’œuvre, à diversifier leur personnel et à renforcer leur secteur.