Alumni Support Specialist
Canada SOS: Students Offering Support
Publié: November 16, 2021
Emplacement: Toronto (with flexibility to work remotely), Ontario
Programme de stages: Impact
Échelle salariale: $0 - $10,000
Heures par semaine: 30
Date de début: December 3, 2021
Date de fin: March 25, 2022
Description de l'emploi
The Alumni Support Specialist will work full-time (30 hours per week) for 16 weeks to support the design, implementation, and evaluation of SOS' Alumni Support programs. This program advances goals #8 and #10 within Canada’s 2030 SDG Agenda National Strategy by helping Canadian youth successfully transition from education into the workforce, and to develop critical employability skills (including teamwork, creativity, critical thinking, project management, time management, interviewing/resume writing, networking). The Alumni Support Specialist will reach out and engage with SOS' community of +10,000 past student volunteers, located across Canada, to provide peer-to-peer support as the navigate from education into the workforce.
The role is multi-faceted and requires someone who is creative, adaptable, self-directed, and enthusiastic. They will have a chance to play a meaningful leadership role within a small team, helping to achieve a significant social impact. SOS offers a supportive learning environment in which the coordinator have the chance to continuously grow and develop, personally and professionally. Occasional evening activities are required by the nature of the position, and will be coordinated with advance notice. The position is ideally suited to recent graduates looking to break into the fields of not-for-profit management, project management, community development, and/or education.
Devoirs et responsabilités
- Managing the design and implementation of Alumni Support programs, including: virtual events, online discussions, mentorship-style programming, etc
- Coordinating and analyzing results of program evaluation activities to identify opportunities for future program enhancements
- Producing alumni-targeted content for communications through social media, e-mail newsletters, and blogs (eg. profiles of past volunteers, promotion of alumni engagement programs, etc)
- Initiating and managing relationships with current and past SOS volunteers by phone, e-mail, and video conference, and managing the implementation of a Contact Management system to track communications with SOS' past and current volunteers
- Coordinating oversight of evaluation and administrative activities (eg. program surveys) to support the future sustainability of Alumni Support programs
Connaissances et compétences
- You have the initiative, resourcefulness, strategic-mindset, creativity and problem solving skills to help lead new initiatives
- You are enthusiastic, personable, and enjoy building relationships
- You know how to create e-mails and social media posts that will resonate with your audience. You're a strong writer and are comfortable with tools such as Canva, Animoto, etc
- You have experience managing volunteers
- You have an interest in program design and project management
- You're confident working in a self-directed environment among a virtual-first, geographically distributed team of staff
- You're tech savvy and interested in utilizing technology to strengthen communications within the SOS community
Any of the following will be considered additional assets:
- Prior experience working with or managing CRM systems
- Familiarity with SOS and our programs
Completion of Post Secondary
Comme ce stage touche bon nombre de projets différents, j'ai acquis en fait plus d'expérience qu'il ne m'aurait été possible d'en acquérir avec un seul emploi.
Quelques-uns de nos employeurs fantastiques que nous avons aidés
Notre financement leur permet de contribuer à remédier aux pénuries de main-d’œuvre, à diversifier leur personnel et à renforcer leur secteur.