Software Developer Intern
543077 Alberta Ltd. dba. Sil Industrial Minerals
Posted: April 27, 2021
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Internship Program: Digital Tech
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Hours per Week: 40
Start Date: May 10, 2021
End Date: November 10, 2021
Sil Industrial Minerals (Sil) offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the frac sand production and logistics industry. We offer a friendly, fast-paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals. Reporting to the IT Manager, the job of the Software Developer Intern is to develop and implement new software programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities:
• Knowledgeable on current and relevant technologies and standards
• Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
Experience and or knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
• React JS
• .NET MVC
• .NET Core
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge and skills:
• Experience in SharePoint, PowerShell, SSRS, Power BI would be an asset.
• Strong technical background and the ability to learn quickly.
• Strong problem-solver, able to accurately diagnose issues.
• Independent work ethic to carry projects through to completion and implement solutions without constant supervision.
• Ability and desire to explore and learn new technologies to support our mission and enhance our business.
• Strong analytic capability and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Sense of ownership and the ability to prioritize issues and manage time.
• Clear communication and willingness to relate to others, to listen and hear concerns in a patient and supportive manner.
• Team player attitude, patience, understanding, flexibility, willingness to learn.
• Successfully pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Understanding of the hydraulic fracturing or transportation logistics industry is consider an asset.
Post-Secondary graduates from a field related to computer science or equivalent field.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knowing every day that I'm using my experience in biology to help find sustainable ways to grow food, and working alongside other like-minded researchers, makes it a fulfilling and exciting work environment” says Melody Sizer, Research Assistant working for the Research and Development team.