Life Cycle Assessment Intern 2
Green Story Inc.
Posted: May 11, 2021
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Internship Program: Clean Tech
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Hours per Week: 40
Start Date: October 15, 2021
End Date: June 30, 2022
ABOUT GREEN STORY
Green Story is an award-winning sustainability focused technology start-up based out of Canada and Netherlands. Our vision is to empower a billion consumers to know their impact and make choices that are better for the planet.
We have a SaaS platform for fashion brands to measure, offset and communicate the supply chain transparency and environmental impact of their products to consumers. We work with over 140 fashion brands in 15 different countries to engage stakeholders and to measure and communicate their impact. Green Story is a Sustainable Brands Innovator, Social Capital Markets scholarship recipient, a member of the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing, and part of Ryerson University’s Social Venture Zone.
Green Story is looking for a confident and professional individual for its LCA analytics role. The ideal candidate should have strong analytics skillset and is highly motivated to learn LCA methodologies. The internship position will be for a period of 8 months with a strong emphasis on permanent full time position post internship
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Be part of a dynamic team focused on sustainability solutions:
• Work in a lightning-fast start-up environment with a highly motivated team.
• Get technical expertise in life cycle assessment methodologies, Carbon Footprinting and gain hands on experience of working on LCA software like GaBi and openLCA
• Increase your knowledge of the environmental & social impact sector and gain substantial, easily demonstrable experience in the fields of Software-as-a-Service
• You will have the opportunity to attend entrepreneurial events for MaRS clients and substantially grow your network.
• An opportunity to help businesses grow while enhancing environmental sustainability
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform environmental Life cycle assessment (LCA) and carbon footprint projects for the fashion industry
• Assist with research and environmental process data collection from supplier and clients
• Analysis of manufacturing process data and developing life cycle inventories
• Assist in writing LCA reports compliant with ISO standards
• Configure process inventory data for our automated LCA app.
• Research novel textile process data and published LCA data to be used in client LCAs
• Prepare and present project results in PowerPoint or other formats
Knowledge and Skills
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Can do attitude and high motivation to learn the ropes of LCA
• Quick learner ready to apply the learnings to the real world
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental engineering or similar
• Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
• Data modeling expertise
• Proficient with MS PowerPoint and Excel modeling
• Ability to prioritize and be self-reliant, with a sense of creativity and initiative
• Experience with lifecycle assessment and sustainability (an asset)
• Experience in the textile manufacturing and fashion sector (an asset)
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental engineering or similar
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring one of our grads is giving us a sense of the high-quality work they are ready to and capable of achieving with the education we provided.
Research Coordinator, Langara College