Environmental Projects Coordinator
GreenStep Solutions Inc.
Posted: April 27, 2021
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Internship Program: Clean Tech
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Hours per Week: 40
Start Date: November 1, 2021
End Date: October 28, 2022
GreenStep Solutions is seeking a self-starting and high energy individual with a passion for sustainability to help us coordinate and deliver programs and services around energy efficiency, water conservation and waste reduction, for small and mid-sized businesses. The job will include direct outreach to small and medium sized businesses and multi-family throughout BC to coordinate and deliver onsite energy assessments and waste education visits to help these entities to reduce their environmental impacts, and costs. It will also including working with our team to provide research and data input for carbon footprint measurement and lifecycle analysis projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Be available for work a minimum of 30 to 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
* Contacting small and medium sized businesses to communicate and schedule onsite energy, water and waste assessments.
* Site visits to small and medium sized businesses to provide energy efficiency education and undertake assessment of opportunities for energy efficiency
* Site visits to small and medium sized businesses and multi-family buildings to provide waste reduction education and related services
* Supporting carbon footprint and life cycle assessments of businesses and organizations
* Monitor commercial waste haulers at the landfill, inspecting loads for mandatory recyclables and when necessary issue a warning or apply a mandatory recycling surcharge to the load, while educating haulers about recycling bylaws.
* Compiling and communicating results of assessments and formulating recommendations for improved energy and waste efficiency, conservation and cost savings
* Reporting to the project team and program administration support
* Other related duties as required from time to time
Knowledge and Skills
Training will be provided to the right individual, but the following knowledge and skills will be an asset:
Understanding of how to communicate about energy and energy efficiency
Knowledge of local recycling regulations
Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm related to energy efficiency and waste reduction (work/volunteer experience)
A keen interest and understanding of sustainability issues
Excellent oral and written business communications skills
Familiarity and knowledge of energy efficient technologies
Experience using G Suite
A degree in a STEM field, ideally with additional education in the following areas: Sustainability, Carbon Management, Energy Efficiency, Conservation, Energy Management
Valid BC Driver's License
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
“This has been an excellent experience in supporting an organization that is dedicated to help institutions become better equipped to help their members and stakeholders achieve the SDGs. I have received an offer for a permanent role at IFCL that I am accepting. I am excited to continue my career at IFCL; helping institutions deliver on the SDGs.”
International Financial Consulting Ltd.