Machine Learning Engineer
Refresh Enterprises, Inc.
Publié: April 30, 2021
Emplacement: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Programme de stages: Digital Tech
Échelle salariale: $50,000 - $60,000
Heures par semaine: 38
Date de début: July 12, 2021
Date de fin: January 7, 2022
Description de l'emploi
People who experience mental wellness challenges or mental illness often struggle to obtain or maintain a position in the workplace. Furthermore, lack of employment means individuals lose out on a myriad of mental, emotional, and physiological benefits that are generated through work. This is extremely relevant given the current COVID crisis, where personal distancing and isolation are required for the greater societal good. In response to this problem, Refresh is collaborating with well-known mental health research centres to finalize the multifaceted lifestyle program that will promote healthy mentality and facilitate relational support in the workplace through peer and professional networks.
The Refresh Wellness App (RWA), developed by Refresh Inc. (http://refreshinc.com/), employs the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to generate real-time, personalized, and responsive solutions to individual wellness needs. RWA can assist both individuals and organizations and monitor their well-being, based on information both provided by the individual and gathered from the physical environment. It also incorporates daily measurements of the individual’s state of well-being and forms a log that presents progress reports on how the individual is doing over the weeks, months or years. This aids the individual in seeing patterns within their state of wellbeing and assists them in understanding what could be triggers, or what is beneficial for their overall health. In an organizational setting, it has the capacity to monitor and provide anonymous information regarding the overall well-being of an organization, offering clues to inform employers when employee morale is changing, and enabling leaders to respond quickly to the upwards or downward trends of their employees’ mental health .
Refresh is welcoming young graduates to join our growing team of designers, developers, and software engineers that are eager to bring a quality product to market. The overall scope of this work, which will be initiated through two Digital Tech internship applications, is to use ML technology to identify and report questionable posts on the social media platform and to automate and digitalize certifying peer support mentors’ processes.
We are hiring one machine learning (ML) engineer to join our machine learning team with the goal of automating some of our operational processes, which is done manually at the moment. The intern will be responsible for using ML technologies to identify and report questionable posts on the social media platform and to implement an automated process for certifying peer support mentors.
Devoirs et responsabilités
- Work closely with our ML team lead and other developers throughout the software development life cycle
- Apply research, implementation, testing and training of features utilizing machine learning
- Implement AI/machine learning technologies to improve operation and workflow processes
- Develop, test, debug and support new and existing software products for mobile, desktop, server and cloud server platforms
- Identify other opportunities for improvement of our workflow
- Communicate your questions, progress, and ideas with a multi-disciplined team
Connaissances et compétences
- Post-secondary graduate (under 30 years of age) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Working knowledge in data science areas of artificial intelligence and specifically in natural language processing
- Experience in developing, testing, and evaluating Deep Learning based models
- Experience working with at least one deep learning framework such as PyTorch, Torch, TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, etc.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Familiar with cloud-based ML, AI, data analytics such as Azure Cognitive Services/Google Cloud AI/IBM Watson/Amazon Machine Learning
- Hands-on self-starter with proven ability to craft robust, secure, maintainable code
- Effective communicator able to work well with other team members
*** Candidates who have many but not all of these qualities are still encouraged to apply. ***
Post-secondary graduates in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field with specialization in Machine Learning.
« Le programme Stages Lancement de Carrière de CICan nous ont permis, chez Sea Smart, d’élargir notre équipe et d’étendre notre portée en embauchant des stagiaires qualifiés, ce qu’il nous aurait été impossible de faire sans ce financement crucial. Nous sommes infiniment reconnaissants envers Collèges et nstituts Canada de ce généreux soutien qui multiplie les possibilités d’emploi pour les jeunes. Je recommande fortement à d’autres organismes de s’inscrire à ce programme », soutient la Dre Elaine Leung, Directrice générale et Fondatrice.
Dr. Elaine Leung
Quelques-uns de nos employeurs fantastiques que nous avons aidés
Notre financement leur permet de contribuer à remédier aux pénuries de main-d’œuvre, à diversifier leur personnel et à renforcer leur secteur.