Machine Learning for Autonomous Vehicles Intern
Posted: April 26, 2021
Location: Vancouver, BC (mainly remote), British Columbia
Internship Program: Digital Tech
Salary Range: $20,000 - $30,000
Hours per Week: 35
Start Date: June 1, 2021
End Date: December 1, 2021
Xplorspace Inc. is a small enterprise focused on providing engineering services relating to aerospace, defence and digital technologies. Xplorspace also supports young entrepreneurs in developing new product ideas in these sectors.
Xplorespace is seeking a Machine Learning Intern to work on machine learning algorithms for autonomous vehicle operation, and detection of anomalies within autonomous systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Attend daily stand-up meetings with the team, providing updates on progress
• Perform required development work on software assigned by the company
• Research methods to improve software performance and implement results
• Contribute to developing reports and proposals relating to the project being worked on
• Take part in ideation meetings with other interns and develop a self-directed project as to be completed by the end of the internship
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience with programming in Python, with some machine learning library
• Experience with SCM tools such as Git, Subversion, or Perforce
• Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and computer vision
• Industry experience an asset
Undergraduate degree in Science, Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I think it is a wonderful program to support small companies in making strategic hires that they might not do on their own”