Refresh Enterprises, Inc.
Posted: April 30, 2021
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Internship Program: Digital Tech
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Hours per Week: 38
Start Date: June 30, 2021
End Date: December 31, 2021
People who experience mental wellness challenges or mental illness often struggle to obtain or maintain a position in the workplace. Furthermore, lack of employment means individuals lose out on a myriad of mental, emotional, and physiological benefits that are generated through work. This is extremely relevant given the current COVID crisis, where personal distancing and isolation are required for the greater societal good. In response to this problem, Refresh is collaborating with well-known mental health research centres to finalize the multifaceted lifestyle program that will promote healthy mentality and facilitate relational support in the workplace through peer and professional networks.
The Refresh Wellness App (RWA), developed by Refresh Inc. (http://refreshinc.com/), employs the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to generate real-time, personalized, and responsive solutions to individual wellness needs. RWA can assist both individuals and organizations and monitor their well-being, based on information both provided by the individual and gathered from the physical environment. It also incorporates daily measurements of the individual’s state of well-being and forms a log that presents progress reports on how the individual is doing over the weeks, months or years. This aids the individual in seeing patterns within their state of wellbeing and assists them in understanding what could be triggers, or what is beneficial for their overall health. In an organizational setting, it has the capacity to monitor and provide anonymous information regarding the overall well-being of an organization, offering clues to inform employers when employee morale is changing, and enabling leaders to respond quickly to the upwards or downward trends of their employees’ mental health .
Refresh is welcoming young graduates to join our growing team of designers, developers, and software engineers that are eager to bring a quality product to market. The overall scope of this work, which will be initiated through two Digital Tech internship applications, is to identify and report questionable posts on the social media platform and to automate certifying peer support mentors’ processes.
We are hiring one software developer to help our machine learning (ML) team in developing the new features which are focused on automating some operational processes which are done manually at the moment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with our machine learning team and other developers throughout the software development life cycle
- Develop new features and screens based on wireframes and written requirements
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software
- Identify opportunities for improvement of our application and workflow processes
- Communicate your questions, progress, and ideas with a multi-disciplined team
- Participate in code review by producing clean, efficient code that follows review guidelines and responding to discovered bugs in a timely manner
Knowledge and Skills
- Post-secondary graduate (under 30 years of age) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Experience in Mobile Development
- Experience with any of the following tools used in our workflow is considered as an asset:
- React/React Native
- Google Firebase
- Ability to work efficiently both solo and as part of a team; willingness to learn new things
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to discuss problem solving and coding with team members
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Hands-on self-starter with proven ability to craft robust, secure, maintainable code
- Effective communicator able to work well with other team members
*** Candidates who have many but not all of these qualities are still encouraged to apply. ***
Post-secondary graduates in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
It's really important to me to have a green job; but a job in an area that I'm passionate about, that's even better.