Machine Learning Engineer
Refresh Enterprises, Inc.
Posted: April 30, 2021
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Internship Program: Digital Tech
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Hours per Week: 38
Start Date: June 30, 2021
End Date: December 31, 2021
People who experience mental wellness challenges or mental illness often struggle to obtain or maintain a position in the workplace. Furthermore, lack of employment means individuals lose out on a myriad of mental, emotional, and physiological benefits that are generated through work. This is extremely relevant given the current COVID crisis, where personal distancing and isolation are required for the greater societal good. In response to this problem, Refresh is collaborating with well-known mental health research centres to finalize the multifaceted lifestyle program that will promote healthy mentality and facilitate relational support in the workplace through peer and professional networks.
The Refresh Wellness App (RWA), developed by Refresh Inc. (http://refreshinc.com/), employs the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to generate real-time, personalized, and responsive solutions to individual wellness needs. RWA can assist both individuals and organizations and monitor their well-being, based on information both provided by the individual and gathered from the physical environment. It also incorporates daily measurements of the individual’s state of well-being and forms a log that presents progress reports on how the individual is doing over the weeks, months or years. This aids the individual in seeing patterns within their state of wellbeing and assists them in understanding what could be triggers, or what is beneficial for their overall health. In an organizational setting, it has the capacity to monitor and provide anonymous information regarding the overall well-being of an organization, offering clues to inform employers when employee morale is changing, and enabling leaders to respond quickly to the upwards or downward trends of their employees’ mental health .
Refresh is welcoming young graduates to join our growing team of designers, developers, and software engineers that are eager to bring a quality product to market. The overall scope of this work, which will be initiated through two Digital Tech internship applications, is to use ML technology to identify and report questionable posts on the social media platform and to automate and digitalize certifying peer support mentors’ processes.
We are hiring one machine learning (ML) engineer to join our machine learning team with the goal of automating some of our operational processes, which is done manually at the moment. The intern will be responsible for using ML technologies to identify and report questionable posts on the social media platform and to implement an automated process for certifying peer support mentors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with our ML team lead and other developers throughout the software development life cycle
- Apply research, implementation, testing and training of features utilizing machine learning
- Implement AI/machine learning technologies to improve operation and workflow processes
- Develop, test, debug and support new and existing software products for mobile, desktop, server and cloud server platforms
- Identify other opportunities for improvement of our workflow
- Communicate your questions, progress, and ideas with a multi-disciplined team
Knowledge and Skills
- Post-secondary graduate (under 30 years of age) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Working knowledge in data science areas of artificial intelligence and specifically in natural language processing
- Experience in developing, testing, and evaluating Deep Learning based models
- Experience working with at least one deep learning framework such as PyTorch, Torch, TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, etc.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Familiar with cloud-based ML, AI, data analytics such as Azure Cognitive Services/Google Cloud AI/IBM Watson/Amazon Machine Learning
- Hands-on self-starter with proven ability to craft robust, secure, maintainable code
- Effective communicator able to work well with other team members
*** Candidates who have many but not all of these qualities are still encouraged to apply. ***
Post-secondary graduates in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field with specialization in Machine Learning.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would highly recommend this program to recent graduates, finding work directly out of school can be challenging and many jobs want experience prior to hiring. This internship has provided me with plenty of experience and has led me to another position which will increase my employability.
Heartland Forest Nature Experience