AR / VR developer, Unity programmer, database specialist
Catapult Design Studios Inc.
Posted: May 17, 2021
Location: Due to COVID restrictions, all work will be performed remotely with frequent coordination using Discord, Zoom and/or WhatsApp, Ontario
Internship Program: Digital Tech
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Hours per Week: 40
Start Date: June 7, 2021
End Date: October 22, 2021
Programmer / database specialist needed to join a highly skilled and dynamic team to assist with the technical side of augmented reality and virtual reality app development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with programming in Unity for VR and AR applications
- Setup of databases and communication between database and app
- Database security
- Development of WebGL / 3JS
- Close collaboration with other developers
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have experience in all the following areas, however since this is a wide range of skills candidates that meet only some of the criteria will be considered
- candidate must be able to work well with others in a collaborative team environment and be able to work independently
- programming in Unity for AR and/or VR applications (C#)
- knowledge of WebGL / 3JS
- app integration with backend server
- experience with PHP scripts
- experience with database security
- experience with the Varjo headset an asset
- knowledge of database design an asset
- experience with Unreal an asset (C++)
- a eye for pleasing visual designs an asset
Post-secondary in a relevant field
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to Robyn.Simpson@CatapultDesignStudios.com.
Knowing every day that I'm using my experience in biology to help find sustainable ways to grow food, and working alongside other like-minded researchers, makes it a fulfilling and exciting work environment” says Melody Sizer, Research Assistant working for the Research and Development team.