R&D Engineering Intern - Software
Posted: May 18, 2021
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
Internship Program: Digital Tech
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Hours per Week: 40
Start Date: June 1, 2021
End Date: November 30, 2021
As a part of its diversification into medical imaging, Lumentra is seeking a full-time R&D Software Engineering Intern. The candidate will develop software related to image processing and machine learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility will be to develop 3D human skull models from mobile phone acquired images, 3D mesh registration, and measurement.
The candidate is expected to work independently alongside a neurosurgeon and an optics specialist.
Knowledge and Skills
• Programming skills in Python and Matlab.
• Working knowledge of NVIDIA GPU, CUDA, and CuDNN.
• Knowledge of ImageMagik and bash scripting.
• Interest in image processing and machine learning.
• Knowledge of Matlab and Image Processing Toolbox is desirable.
• Strong experimental, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to conceptualize, analyze, plan, and organize processes and projects.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
The candidate is expected to be pursuing a Bachelor’s (second year or above) in Computer Science, Electrical, Software Engineering, or a related field.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working with CICan to get a Digital Tech Intern in our company has been an enormous help to us. We were able to expand our team's capabilities and take on additional projects as a result of having the technical resource on-staff. The grant offered by CICan significantly de-risked the process of hiring a recent graduate with minimal experience. Our intern has been fantastic and has been very quick to learn new skills on the job and become a solid contributor within our team.