AI Software Engineer (Intern)
Super GeoAI Technology Inc.
Posted: August 16, 2021
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Internship Program: Digital Tech
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Hours per Week: 40
Start Date: October 1, 2021
End Date: February 28, 2022
Super GeoAI Technology Inc. (SGA), a fast-growing geospatial artificial intelligence (GeoAI) technology company with offices in Calgary and Saskatoon, is developing fast, scalable and brand agnostic GeoAI engines and platforms to manage, analyze, and visualize spatial big data. We are developing AI-driven mobile applications and GeoAI cloud platforms to help wheat farmers make timely and informed decisions such as “Should I spend more money on pesticides, fungicides, or fertilizers?” and “When should I apply fungicide”. Research has shown that the real difference between the top 20% of profitable farmers and the rest of the industry is the ability of the former to make the right decision at the right time. Our GeoAI technology has the potential to increase the gross revenue of farmers by 20-40%.
Our artificial intelligence (AI) team is made up of three groups: data scientists responsible for field data collection and AI training datasets, AI algorithm engineers responsible for developing and designing AI algorithms and AI solutions, and AI software engineer responsible for implementing and developing AI-driven applications. The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on, passionate person who enjoys fast-paced development cycles spanning from research to production in the order of months.
As an AI software engineer, you will understand and implement the AI models provided by our AI algorithm engineers. You will assist our senior AI software engineers to build AI-driven mobile and web applications, and to build GeoAI-driven cloud frameworks for managing spatial big data in agriculture.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Understand, design, develop, customize, test, refine and deliver AI-driven mobile and web applications;
● Write industry-ready software solutions that leverage artificial intelligence for image and spatial data processing;
● Work with customers and AI team members to use AI to solve real problems in agriculture;
● Work with cutting-edge technologies for artificial intelligence and deep-Learning.
Knowledge and Skills
● Strong software engineering skills in mobile application and/or web applications;
● Strong programming skills in Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow, and/or other ML languages and frameworks;
● Experience in backend server and data-warehousing design and implementation is a plus.
Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or a related field with focus in machine learning.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This has been an excellent experience in supporting an organization that is dedicated to help institutions become better equipped to help their members and stakeholders achieve the SDGs. I have received an offer for a permanent role at IFCL that I am accepting. I am excited to continue my career at IFCL; helping institutions deliver on the SDGs.”
International Financial Consulting Ltd.