Tactile Robotics Ltd.
Posted: August 25, 2021
Location: 135 Innovation Drive, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Internship Program: Digital Tech
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Hours per Week: 35
Start Date: September 13, 2021
End Date: February 28, 2022
We are seeking a full-time electrical/computer engineer or computer scientist to join our R&D team. As a member of the engineering team in Tactile Robotics, the engineer will work closely with the R&D team to design, build and test high-reliability custom-integrated system in the fields of haptics, robotics, and IoT applied to different rehabilitation platforms which are currently under development at Tactile Robotics Ltd.
The applicant will work on a compact and portable set of sensorized smart gloves for the treatment of patients with a physical impairment due to stroke or long-term hospitalization, called iManus. This Canadian platform helps therapists apply flexible, scheduled, and consistent therapy long-term, and has the flexibility to perform a wide range of rehabilitation scenarios. The system can function face-to-face in a clinic or remotely to maintain social distancing and minimize the exposure to a hospital environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement communication protocols (RTP, UDP, MQTT) for the iManus platform, a remote hand rehabilitation platform which allows patients and therapist to interactively communicate on an online/offline basis while the patient will not be exposed to a healthcare facility
- Design and implement software for embedded systems
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Review codes and provide feedback
- Document the work performed
- Develop shared libraries that can be used across multiple projects
- Troubleshooting software issues for both patient's mobile application and the therapist desktop application
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with software design and development
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Ability to build and design reusable software
- Good working knowledge of Git, C, C
- Ability to multi-task and switch between different projects
- Strong knowledge of communication protocols is a must
- Good to have cross-platform mobile application development skills ( Xamarin or React Native)
- Attention to details
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Familiarity with PCB design is a asset
Bachelor of Science or Engineering
Affiliated with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knowing every day that I'm using my experience in biology to help find sustainable ways to grow food, and working alongside other like-minded researchers, makes it a fulfilling and exciting work environment” says Melody Sizer, Research Assistant working for the Research and Development team.