Development Engineer - Automation
LightLeaf Solar Ltd.
Posted: September 17, 2021
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Internship Program: Clean Tech
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Hours per Week: 38
Start Date: November 1, 2021
End Date: May 31, 2022
LightlLeaf Solar manufacturers high-performance solar panels for things that move – automotive, marine and recreational. Currently, we have a primarily manual, labor-intensive manufacturing process. We are working hard to improve our efficiency through some automation. in particular, we spend a lot of time and energy creating "strings" of solar cells, and then arranging these into arrays (like you would see on a rooftop solar panel). This is currently completely manual. We have had a local collegiate (Sask Polytech) put together a preliminary automation system, but it is not complete. It needs finishing, as well as commissioning, testing and getting it into production.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will aid in development of new manufacturing processes/Automation
- analyze our current work processes for cell array assembly
- evaluate and test the existing (partially completed) system
- design, analyze, and implement all of the electrical, mechanical and software components needed to complete and finalize the system
- commission and test the system
- bring it on line into our production environment
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal intern would possess the following skills:
- direct experience in mechatronics – combined software/mechanical systems
- software programming (C,Arduino, etc...)
- mechanical and electrical hardware design and assembly
- CAD experience
- Hands-on fabrication skills
B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering)
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lyndsay MacWilliams is a Source Watershed Monitoring and Restoration Intern at Winter River – Tracadie Bay Watershed Association.
Winter River - Tracadie Bay Watershed Association