Environmental Projects Coordinator
GreenStep Solutions Inc.
Posted: April 27, 2021
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Internship Program: Clean Tech
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Hours per Week: 40
Start Date: October 11, 2021
End Date: October 10, 2022
GreenStep is seeking a self-starter and high energy individual with a passion for sustainability to help us deliver a range of environmental programs and services related to energy efficiency, carbon measurement and mitigation, and waste diversion, for small and mid-sized businesses, all of which can lead to reductions in greenhouse gas emissions. The ideal candidate will have an understanding and deep interest in climate change.
The job will include coordinating and working directly in the field with small and medium sized businesses and multi-family buildings throughout the Thompson Okanagan to deliver onsite energy assessments, energy efficiency education visits, and waste reduction education, to help these entities to conserve natural resources, reduce their environmental impacts, and cut costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the Environmental Projects Coordinator will be as follows:
* Contacting small and medium sized businesses to communicate and schedule onsite energy, water and waste assessments.
* Site visits to small and medium sized businesses to provide energy efficiency education and undertake assessment of opportunities for energy efficiency
* Site visits to small and medium sized businesses and multi-family buildings to provide waste reduction education and related services
* Supporting carbon footprint and life cycle assessments of businesses and organizations
* Monitoring commercial waste haulers at the landfill, inspecting loads for mandatory recyclables, and educating haulers about recycling bylaws.
* Compiling and communicating results of assessments and formulating recommendations for improved energy and waste efficiency, conservation and cost savings
* Reporting to the project team and program administration support
* Other related duties as required from time to time
Knowledge and Skills
Training will be provided to the right individual, but the following knowledge and skills will be an asset:
* 3-5 years experience in a related role
* Understanding of how to communicate about energy and energy efficiency
* Understanding of climate change, carbon footprint measurement and carbon reduction
* Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm related to energy efficiency and waste reduction (work/volunteer experience)
* Familiarity and knowledge of energy efficient technologies
* Knowledge of local recycling regulations
* A keen interest and understanding of sustainability issues
* Excellent oral and written business communications skills
* Customer service/sales
* Experience using G Suite
A degree in a STEM field, and who have additional education in the following areas: Sustainability, Carbon Management, Energy Efficiency, Conservation, Energy Management
Valid BC Driver's License
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
I would recommend an internship to a fellow grad because not only is it a good learning experience, but having the ability to gain practical work experience in a field in which you hope to be employed, will greatly benefit you in the future. Working this internship has no doubt opened up door for my future, and facilitated a way for me to work in a field I am particularly interested in within the digital sector.
Clear Voxe Imaging