Gitxsan Energy Inc.
Posted: September 28, 2021
Location: South Hazelton, British Columbia
Internship Program: Natural Resources
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Hours per Week: 40
Start Date: October 25, 2021
End Date: October 21, 2022
This is a full-time role; reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Bioheat Technician role is critical in establishing Gitxsan Energy Inc. as a leader in supply of world class, bioheat solutions for the region. The Bioheat Technician must leave a positive, lasting impact on clients and in the community, therefore great customer service is a key component of this position, and a willingness to go above and beyond to help the customer will be important to success in this role. The role requires mechanical aptitude, a problem-solving mentality, computer skills and the ability to work independently to manage priorities and deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role involves identification, delivery, installation and support of woody biomass heating systems. Integral to the role is customer relations and responding to requests for service.
Detailed responsibilities Include:
• All aspects of customer service including: parts ordering, installations, commissioning, general maintenance of boilers, customer relations and troubleshooting
• Ensuring accuracy of orders and prioritizing daily workloads
• Contributing positively to the organization and team environment
• Organizational skills necessary to handle basic paperwork, reporting and inventory
Knowledge and Skills
• 2-3 years of experience working with the public
• Computer skills – able to input service and customer information, submit reports
• Strong communication skills and a friendly, positive demeanor
• Mechanical or plumbing certification an asset
• MUST have Class 5 License and good driving abstract
• Class 1 or 3 License preferred
• High school diploma/GED
• Must be able to safely lift 60 LBS and use a hand truck
• Must pass background check
Minimum Grade 12
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I think it is a wonderful program to support small companies in making strategic hires that they might not do on their own”