NSCC ImpAct Entrepreneurship and International Intern
Nova Scotia Community College
Posted: October 22, 2021
Location: Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia
Internship Program: Impact
Salary Range: $0 - $10,000
Hours per Week: 35
Start Date: December 20, 2021
End Date: March 31, 2022
Research and develop recommendations and plans to incorporate sustainability practices and perspectives into the NSCC’s international and entrepreneurship programs and activities, with a particular focus on the Sustainable Development Goals framework. This job is remote and will be working closely with both the Entrepreneurship and International teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Research sustainability practices and perspectives in topics relevant to the two teams. Areas of research may include:
• Extra and co-curricular entrepreneurial programming
• Enactus support and resources
• Outbound and incoming international student exchanges
• International technical assistance projects
• International student ambassador program
2. From the research completed in this role, develop recommendations and plans to incorporate them into NSCC international and entrepreneurship programs and activities.
3. Develop and deliver workshop content and material on SDGs to relate to NSCC staff and students.
4. Other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills
- Interest and passion in entrepreneurship and international academic partnerships
- Knowledge of entrepreneurial practices and networks
- Experience with the concepts of business startups and entrepreneurial community resources
- International partnership experience desirable but not required
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills (demonstrable through school and/or employment)
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of software
A relevant college diploma or university degree
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
I would highly recommend employers take part in this program. Youth are tapped into the SDGs and have the knowledge and technical skills that are very valuable to organizations to advance and raise awareness about the goals. There are many young people eager for meaningful work experience and this initiative is a great way for them to get a foot in the door.
Northern Council for Global Cooperation (NCGC)