Posted: September 29, 2021
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Internship Program: Impact
Salary Range: $0 - $10,000
Hours per Week: 30
Start Date: December 1, 2021
End Date: March 31, 2022
Canadore has recently initiated a inter-collaborative sustainability committee focused on the reduction of our GHG emissions, SDG equity, life on land and education goals, and clean water goals. The addition of the intern positions will provide the necessary resources to advance the SDG knowledge and projects currently underway.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Research the UN Sustainable Development Goals globally and inventory how they are being acted upon at Canadore College;
· Assist with the College’s sustainable development projects as assigned;
· Assist in the development an internal SDG/Sustainability communication strategy;
· Develop a plan to incorporate sustainability practices and perspectives into the College’s activities;
· Initiate discussions with the Academic Centre of Excellence to investigate viability of incorporating SDG learning outcomes into courses
Knowledge and Skills
· Graduate of a 2-year Ontario College Diploma or Degree, recent Canadore Graduate preferred;
· Active interest in sustainability, environment, equity, inclusion or any of the SDG goals;
· Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable, and collaborative with an innovative/entrepreneurial mindset
· Good judgment and problem-solving skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team;
· Experience in research and report writing.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
It's really important to me to have a green job; but a job in an area that I'm passionate about, that's even better.