Youth Social Worker
FROM THE HEART CHURCH MINISTRIES OF EDMONTON
Posted: November 4, 2021
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Internship Program: Impact
Salary Range: $20,000 - $30,000
Hours per Week: 30
Start Date: November 29, 2021
End Date: March 31, 2022
- Nurture young lives and provide support through family, legal, education, health, and addiction difficulties.
- Assists children and youth develop life skills, social skills and access to community resources.
- Progrms to improve the lives of children and youth.
- Develop a supportive relationship with a child or young person who appears to be struggling with the aim of uncovering the underlying problems they face.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate partnerships with youth, families, staff, and other agencies
- Work closely with leadership teams, and other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Refer youth to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, and other resources to improve lives of youth
- Supply counsel and therapy to help youth resolve social and personal problems
- Plan programs of assistance for youth
- Interview or interact youth to assess their situation to determine the type of services required
- Provide consultation services to government and other organizations, such as the Canadian child and youth welfare system
Knowledge and Skills
- Experienced Case management and mental health services
- and services Specialist in mental health.
- Tust-based professional relationship.
- Ability to work with a group of young people.
- Ability to take the initiative, and ability to flexibly and creatively respond to situations.
Trained, Certificate, Bachelor’s degree or similar in social work (BSW)
Trainning, Certificate, Bachelor’s degree or similar in social work (BSW)
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
I would highly recommend employers take part in this program. Youth are tapped into the SDGs and have the knowledge and technical skills that are very valuable to organizations to advance and raise awareness about the goals. There are many young people eager for meaningful work experience and this initiative is a great way for them to get a foot in the door.
Northern Council for Global Cooperation (NCGC)