FOSESUS Pod Hydroponic Network Prototype Specialist
Urban Stalk Inc.
Posted: November 27, 2021
Location: Grimsby, Hamilton, Ontario
Internship Program: Clean Tech
Salary Range: $20,000 - $30,000
Hours per Week: 35
Start Date: January 3, 2022
End Date: January 2, 2023
Urban Stalk Inc. is developing what is known as FOSESUS Pod Hydroponic Networks. These networks are designed to use leading growth technologies, circularity, machine learning and big data to create an increased food security for urban and at-risk communities across Canada and The United States. These Pod Networks are being designed to disrupt the global food supply chain to decrease spoilage and organic waste, carbon footprints, time from farm-to-table, while increase nutritional impacts and health inside the community. Urban Stalk's vision to to design communities without food security and improving human health with nutritionally valuable foods that are transparently and sustainably grown. Prototype Specialists will be tasked with designing, testing, and reporting on critical hardware and software integrations to realize these net positive gains in food production and health.
Duties and Responsibilities
Prototype Specialists will be tasked with:
1. Conducting feasibility studies on the integration of machine learning, big data, and aerobiotic digesters into a hydroponic setting.
2. Create a literature review of benchmarks, best practices, and application of new technology in hydroponic systems.
3. Liaise and partner with academic institutions on technology simulations, prototyping and in-field testing.
4. Build and expand on current simulations, prototypes and collect data to create optimization pathways to iterations and expanded features.
5. Develop technological and environmental validations that the FOSESUS Pod can prove for investment thesis and expansion of business activity.
6. Develop carbon reduction, circularity, and environmental plans that surround core business KPIs and brand alignment.
7. Other tasks as designed.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Bachelor of environmental sciences, mechanical engineering, or software engineering.
2. Master level considered an asset.
3. Previous working experience with clean / green technology applications considered an asset.
4. Previous start-up experience considered an asset.
5. Familiarity with agriculture, hydroponics, and other alternative food and crop growth considered an asset.
ISO Certification, Six Sigma Certification considered assets.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
Because this internship involves a lot of diverse projects, I'm actually gaining more experience than I would at a single job.