Posted: May 19, 2021
Location: Remote (Ottawa), ON
Internship Program: ImpAct
Salary Range: $30,000 - $40,000
Hours per Week: 30
Start Date: June 26, 2023
End Date: December 22, 2023
About Sustainable Philanthropy:
Sustainable Philanthropy works to support fundraising and organizational capacity for strategic development in small shop
environmental organizations. We do this as the fundraising arm of Sustainable Capacity Solutions, the one stop shop for capacity building in the Canadian
environmental sector. As a social enterprise, we offer fund development plans, shared access to our fundraising portal, and other partnership opportunities.
Sustainable Philanthropy is a leader in fund development within the environmental sector. We diversify funding streams with
our partners in order to achieve long term sustainability.
The Program Coordinator will focus on building our capacity to integrate the Sustainable Development Goals into our fundraising support work with small-shop environmental non-profits across Canada. The Coordinator will work with these organizations to identify what SDG goals their work correspond to and how to leverage this work into funding applications that are focused on advancing the SDG goals in Canada. The Program Coordinator will conduct surveys and implement programs that help our organization and our network to become active in SDG actions and conservations across the sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform outreach with with small environmental non-profits and the broader environmental community,
Indigenous groups, faith communities, experts and funders to build connections for funding focused on environmental aspects of the SDGs
2. Act as the staff lead on the fundraising support for small-shop environmental organizations through the development fund development strategies for them (and in conjunction with them), and training on shared fundraising resources and tools (ex. fundraising platforms/search engines) and continue to develop priorities and actions within this area
3. Identify and assess current SDG initiatives in our network, specifically among youth and diverse communities
4. Work with the board of directors, staff and other internal and external stakeholders to develop events (in-person or virtual), informational resources and collaborative projects to promote the SDGs and connect/integrate stakeholder's work to the SDGs
5. Represent and promote the organization, for example by leading workshops, writing articles, presenting information at meetings or events
6. Perform other related duties as necessary
Knowledge and Skills
• In-depth knowledge of environmental policy, the UN Sustainable Development Goals, Indigenous
traditions, biodiversity, non-profit governance, and the Canadian political system, or a willingness
to build capacity in this area
• Reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills over the telephone, video chat, e-mail, or in person
• Ability to develop goals, plans and projects, and to accomplish them within allocated budgets and
• Ability to resolve conflicts and communicate messages in a persuasive manner
• Ability to build and maintain trusting and co-operative working relationships with both internal and
• Familiarity with computer systems including G Suite, Zoom, Microsoft Office and MailChimp
• Ability to work independently
• Bilingualism (English and French) strongly preferred; knowledge of one or more Indigenous
Post-Secondary Degree is an asset
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are people saying about our programs?
Hear first-hand from the employers and job seekers who have benefitted from one of our programs.
Excellent opportunity to gain my first work experience in a flexible setting. This first opportunity is often critical in launching a career, and for a recent graduate, the chance to learn a lot while making a major contribution to an exciting industry-related project is ideal.
Here are a few of the great employers we have supported.
Do you want to address your labour shortages, diversify your workforce, and strengthen your organization?