Bienvenue dans notre centre d'assistance
To apply for the $5,000 laddering stipend, you must have completed the Supportive Care Assistant (SCA) program and be enrolled in an eligible personal care provider program (PSW, HCA, CCA, etc).
Steps to applying and receiving the $5,000 stipend
Please note that throughout the process, CICan will send you reminder emails to ensure you complete the required actions.
- Obtain the necessary documents
- Once you have completed the SCA program and are officially enrolled into an eligible personal care provider program, you can begin the application process for the stipend. You will be required to upload two documents when applying. The first is proof of having completed the SCA program. The second is a proof of enrolment document. These documents are usually available from your registrar’s office. For proof of enrolment, it is typically the same document used for something like an RESP. Note that this is not the same as a letter of acceptance into the program.
- Apply for the stipend
- Complete the online application form and upload your proof of enrolment document and proof of SCA completion. You will also be asked to provide your banking information for direct deposit and update your personal information in your profile. Upon verification of the documents, CICan will send you the first instalment of $500.
- Provide proof of attendance
- Three weeks into your program, you must provide CICan with proof of attendance. There is a form that is available in the student portal. You would complete the first portion of the form, and the second part must be completed and signed by the program coordinator at your institution. Upload the signed form in the student portal. Upon verification, CICan will send you the next payment of $2,000.
- Complete the mid-term survey and provide proof of attendance
- At the half-way point of your PCP program, CICan will send you a link to a mid-term survey that you must complete. The survey will take about 10 to 15 minutes. At this point, you are also required to submit another proof of attendance document. After completing the survey and uploading the signed proof of attendance form, CICan will deposit the next payment of $2,000 into your account.
- Complete the final survey and provide proof of graduation
- At the end of your PCP program, you must complete a final survey that will take 10 to 15 minutes. You will also be prompted to upload proof of having graduated from the PCP program. This could be a copy of the certificate, copy of an official transcript, or other acceptable proof of completion issued by your learning institution. Once received, CICan will issue the final payment of $500.