Ahmed Yassir is employed as a Marketing and Communications Support intern at Cooperative de la récolte de chez nous limitée in Dieppe, New Brunswick. The internship lies within the ImpAct program stream, funded by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), and implemented via Career Launcher.
The organization’s main mission is to promote farmers and producers from the South-eastern New-Brunswick region. His work in the internship included creation of marketing plans related to the organization and its activities. He applied what he learned in college, as well as what his colleagues helped him with. The workplace was respectful and friendly with the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from different countries. From the marketing aspect, he learned about targeting potential customers, and segmentations. This experience helped him immensely in his initial effort in the professional world and starting his marketing career.
He feels that he was provided with all the resources that he needed to succeed in the position. He believes the Career Launcher internship program gives the employer visibility about the candidate and assures a good follow up.
- What was a problem or task that you were assigned at work and how did you overcome it?
- Create a Marketing plan related to the organization and its activities.I applied what I learned in college, as well as what my colleagues helped me with.
- One tip you could give employers on how they should onboard their intern.
- Employers should make the transition from academic to professional space easy for the candidate.
- Did the internship make them feel prepared from school/academics to the professional space?
- How inclusive is the workplace or the team?
- The workplace was very respectful and friendly. Also, I have worked with colleagues from different countries.
- Are there any new skills that you developed/are developing while you are at the worksite and what are they?
- Yes. From the Marketing side, targeting potential customers, and segmentations.
- How will your work with Cooperative de la récolte de chez nous limitée make a difference to the community?
- The organization’s main mission is to promote farmers and producers from the South-eastern New-Brunswick region.
- How did the Career Launcher internship program encourage you to begin/ grow a career in marketing?
- This experience helped me a lot with my first steps into the professional world and starting my Marketing career. I feel like I was given all that I need to succeed in the position. The Career Launcher internship program also gives the employer visibility about the candidate and assures a good follow up.