SDG Media and Communications Intern
Posted: September 29, 2021
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Internship Program: Impact
Salary Range: $0 - $10,000
Hours per Week: 30
Start Date: December 1, 2021
End Date: March 31, 2022
Canadore has recently initiated a inter-collaborative sustainability committee focused on the reduction of our GHG emissions, SDG equity, life on land and education goals, and clean water goals. The addition of the intern positions will provide the necessary resources to advance the SDG knowledge and projects currently underway.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Research the UN Sustainable Development Goals globally and inventory how they are being acted upon at Canadore College;
· Assist with the College’s sustainable development projects as assigned;
· Lead the development an internal SDG/Sustainability communication strategy;
· Document and promote sustainability practices and perspectives into the College’s activities;
· Create short communication modules to elevate knowledge of the SDGs and Canadore’s sustainability activities for internal and external distribution.
Knowledge and Skills
· Graduate of a 2-year Ontario College Diploma or Degree in Media, Design or Communications, recent Canadore Graduate preferred;
· Experience in creating media that is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA);
· Demonstrated ability to present information in an inclusive manner;
· Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable, and collaborative with an innovative/entrepreneurial mindset;
· Good judgment and problem-solving skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team;
· Experience in research and report writing.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to jeannette.Miron@canadorecollege.ca.
Knowing every day that I'm using my experience in biology to help find sustainable ways to grow food, and working alongside other like-minded researchers, makes it a fulfilling and exciting work environment” says Melody Sizer, Research Assistant working for the Research and Development team.